Tuesday 5 June 2007

Beyond the clouds

On the way from Kathmandu to Beijing I had to change planes in Lhasa and Chengdu, and I travelled with a group of young people, who turned out to be a team just summitted the Everest. They said, the girl (in red baseball hat) is the first Chinese woman who climed the Everest. They were all very nice, happy, very open to talk about their experiences. They spent two months in the Everest area acclimatizing and at the end climbing. There were also other surprises, I ran into Elek from Agra Travels at the Tibetan border (and his Hungarian group), and he told me a Hungarian team started climbing the Everest just the day after we were there at the base camp. Then at the immigration office on the Nepali side we met an Irish girl, who also just summitted the Everest. I started thinking if it would be possible at all, if I could ever do it. It would be really amazing. Somehow I understood why is it great to get to the top. But couldn't find words to describe it. Just felt very touched.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: